Did you ever think that this day would actually come? I know I underestimated this whole process. Now it wasn’t too bad. But juggling this with Christmas, traveling and my design business…well I am sure you get the picture. Thank you all for being so patient with me 😀
There is still thing’s that aren’t 100% and I am not fully sold on my banner at the top. The lil blonde version of me is a keeper and so are the colours. But other things are still needing some TLC. But the structure for the most part is shinning and ready. I felt I wouldn’t hold back anymore. I hope you all enjoy the newer and better version of my blog. When I first started Running to the Aisle I didn’t think this would be something long term. However it has, and the old title of Running to the Aisle doesn’t really apply anymore….I also wanted to switch from a blogger platform to wordpress. And so far I am happy with this decision.
Let’s get to the gooders of the site! As you can see at the top, I have many new additions to my blog. Some are currently empty, but others are connected to old posts that have been exported from my previous blog. I wanted my new friends to be able to find the whole story all in one spot! I have also changed my Twitter id from therunningbride to thehealthywife! So please still tweet me or add me if you haven’t already!! And finally, I have also started a Facebook page! So go over there and gimmie a Like!!! (yeah I am needy and need your love). I believe that is all the current active newness. I will keep you guys all posted as more things become ready!
Now onto my favourite smoothie + Giveaway
As some of you know I am a HUGE fan of Manitoba Harvest Hemp products. I love the milk, protein powder, hemp hearts…I could go on. There is many benefits from hemp and you should go over to their site to read more!!!
Hemp Monster Smoothie!
Adapted from Angelas @ Oh She Glows Green Monster
- 1 scoop chocolate hemp protein powder (you can of course use any protein powder)
- 1T of hemp hearts(or chia seed, flax seeds, any type of crunchy awesomeness)
- 1T of natural peanut butter (any nut butter is perfectly acceptable)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1cup of vanilla hemp milk or any low fat milk
- couple ice cubs
Directions: Add liquid first, then the protein powder, hearts, nut butter, spinach and banana. Blend till smooth. Add the ice cubs and blend for a little longer. Pour into a generous cup and enjoy 😀
If you want to make that awesome smoothie then I have the Giveaway for you!! I thought nothing makes more sense than to do a giveaway of some of my favorite things. And those include hemp products. Manitoba Harvest Hemp isn’t a sponsor nor am I affiliated with them in any way. This is just something I want to share with all of you!
The lucky winner will get some of my favorite goodies.
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Powder flavor of your choice (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- The Kind Diet: By Alicia Silverstone
- Reusable cold plastic drink cup with straw(like the one in the photos above)
- Di Erbe Healing Neem bar soap (Di Erbe is a local vegan organic soap and skin care shop, I use this soap EVERY day + love it)
- Clif Bar
This contest will run from Wednesday February 1st to Friday February 10th until Midnight (Central). Contest is open to USA & Canadian residents only. Winners will be chosen via Random Generator
There are many ways to enter.
1) Leave a comment below, telling me what you think of my new site!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please ensure your posting a SEPARATE comment for each action you do!!
Optional Entries, Separate Comment below for each.
2) “Like” my Facebook Page and leave a comment on the wall telling me what you would like best if you won. If your already a member, leave a separate comment here letting me know you are.
3) Follow me on Twitter and tweet this message ” GIVEAWAY from @thehealthywife for new revamped blog! Enter now! USA/Canada Only http://bit.ly/yBgLg2” Then come back here and post a comment letting me know you did.
Please remember to leave a separate comment for each extra action you do!
Good Luck Everyone!! And again thank you for joining me on this new adventure 😀